Freerunner GSM Buzz fix, warranty and hopes...

Daniel Willmann daniel at openmoko.org
Sat Mar 7 20:56:38 CET 2009

Hello,

not an official statement, but a personal one (I'm saying, just to be
sure).

On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 13:13:34 -0600
"Mike (mwester)" <mwester at dls.net> wrote:

> MarcO'Chapeau wrote:
> > Hello lists, hello Openmoko and hello dear reseller
> >
> > To me and probably many other users the critical question is not
> > whether hardware issues get fixed fast or not. The question is a
> > purely logistical one. Will the devices that have been sold so far
> > be fixed one day ?

I have bought a batch of the capacitors and resistors recently in order
to perform the GSM buzz fix on my Freerunner as well as on friends.
Once the stuff is there and I have fixed a couple freerunners without
actually ruining them I wanted to have a buzz fix party in Braunschweig
where interested people could come and bring their Freerunner and we'd
solder the fix.
Be aware though since I'm soldering on my own time, using the
components I bought there will not be any kind of warranty on this
operation from my side.

I guess it's not what you were hoping for, but it's a beginning.

Regards,
Daniel Willmann