Bug #1024 (oscillating re-camping), the story goes on...

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Mon Mar 30 21:04:52 CEST 2009

Am Mo  30. März 2009 schrieb Dieter Spaar:
> Hello Werner,
>
> Werner Almesberger wrote:
> > By the way, Joerg has proposed another interesting approach:
> > if the oscillator's drive strength is insufficient, we should
> > be able to make things worse by reducing it, which you mentioned
> > could be done by the firmware.
> >

> Very good idea, I can check that out and see if I get different results.
>
> > Is there anything else that's driven by the 32768 Hz clock that
> > we can access, e.g., a RTC or some counter ? If yes, we could
> > use that to check if the clock has significant variations.
> >

> Not something I am aware of. I think the 32kHz oscillator drives a RTC
> if the Calypso chip set alone is used for a simple phone.

Hmm this sounds like there actually *is* sth we can use for this purpose. Is
it (the RTC) disabled by default on OM's version of FW, or what's the issue
with it? Or is this RTC an external component that's just clocked by
calypso's 32kHz. Still it would be interesting to enable such an external
clock as it maybe would stop the constant disabling/enabling of calypso's
32kHz clock generator.

/j