Bug #1024 (oscillating re-camping), the story goes on...

Dieter Spaar spaar at openmoko.org
Mon Mar 30 21:22:06 CEST 2009

Hello Joerg,

Joerg Reisenweber wrote:

> Hmm this sounds like there actually *is* sth we can use for this purpose. Is
> it (the RTC) disabled by default on OM's version of FW, or what's the issue
> with it? Or is this RTC an external component that's just clocked by
> calypso's 32kHz. Still it would be interesting to enable such an external
> clock as it maybe would stop the constant disabling/enabling of calypso's
> 32kHz clock generator.

I will check if there is anything which could be used. Its not that easy
because we don't have
all the source code which is evolved. Additionally I am not sure if a
RTC is driven by the
32KHz oscillator only. It could be done similar to how it is done now,
if the Calypso
sleeps, the 32kHz oscillator is used, otherwise the main oscillator. The
accuracy
requirements for GSM are rather strict, so even without the 32 kHz
oscillator
the running system  surely can handle the timing for a RTC.

Best regards,
  Dieter