Wrecked display and the USB host

Thomas Sanladerer thomas.sanladerer at yahoo.de
Sat May 2 12:02:40 CEST 2009

Chris Syntichakis schrieb:
> So, that means that we can take off the BT module and connect
> (internal) a 3G usb dongle?
I guess that should work as well.
Two things you need to keep in mind though:
- The display is heavily taped to the pcb. It's very hard to get it off
in one piece.
- The 2442's hosts are usb 1.1 only, i.e. you can hope to get 1MB/s max.

I uploaded a pic of how the bt is connected:
http://dt-computer.de/neobt.jpg . The two connections marked should be
"data -" and "data +". As i belive you have already taken your neo apart
(who hasn't?) you'll know that the display entirely covers this
connection, so unless you've got a spare display, it would be quite hard
to get to.