Bug #1024 (oscillating re-camping), the latest news.

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sun May 3 19:06:50 CEST 2009

Am So  3. Mai 2009 schrieb Dieter Spaar:
> Instead of messing around with all of this and making things more
> complicated, I thing the current solution to detect re-camping and
> enable AT%SLEEP=2 is the better approach (maybe adjust the
> algorithm slightly).

Regarding all the arguments I deleted in above quote - I'm quite aware of
these and mostly agree.

Anyway, the current algorithm relies on detecting actual recamping, and this
inevitably creates a certain offline time during the first recamping events.
OTOH warming of battery as well as warming of TX-chip might not be a adequate
criterion for switching to sleep4, anyway both sensors reporting "cold" might
create an additional criterion for switching to sleep2 though and thus
possibly avoiding any recamping at all.

cheers
jOERG