Bug #1024 (oscillating re-camping), a possible solution.

Nils Faerber nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de
Thu May 28 12:48:59 CEST 2009

Dieter Spaar schrieb:
> Hello,
Hi!

> We have now tested a few phones and it seems that
> increasing a capacitor solves the re-camping bug.

First of all: Congratulations for finding a solution!
Many thanks!

[...]
> The other solution is to remove C1009 and replace it
> with a 22 uF capacitor. Daniel Willmann has done this
> successfully with a few phones.

So this is really 22µF, not 22nF?
This a quite big capacity.
And @ which voltage? If I look at Farnell's offerings they have
different types in 1V steps, i.e. e.g. 3V and 4V. And finally which form
factor is this? Is it 0805 or 0603? Judging from the picture I would
guess 0805, right? I have not opened my GTA yet and would only do so
after the parts arrived so I only have to do it once ;)

And as a very last question: Does this also apply to GTA01? And if yes,
could someone point out which capacitor it is there, ideally with a PCB
position (either photo or placement graph).

Many many thanks again!
This brings the GTA phones one step closer in usability.

PS: We have a small workshop here - so once the details are clear I can
offer to do the rework also for other GTA owners, maybe also along with
the buzz-fix if needed (but without warrenty :)

> Best regards,
>  Dieter
Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535
http://www.kernelconcepts.de