SIM card driver

Wolfgang Draxinger wdraxinger.maillist at draxit.de
Wed Jun 9 10:08:55 CEST 2010

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 00:04:07 +0200
Drasko DRASKOVIC <drasko.draskovic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Very uncool :(.
>
> I need to write a driver for ARM PrimeCell Smart Card Interface PL131
> in order to init/read/write SIM card for 4G mobile device. Does
> anybody knows where I can get hold of some implementation of (any) SIM
> interface driver ?
>
> Thanks and BR,
> Drasko

SIMs, like any other SmartCard communicate over an interface very
similar to I2C, with the notable difference, that the terminal always
is the "bus" master.

Building your very own SmartCard terminal is very easy. Or you just use
one of the ready to use ones (from Towitoko, Reiner SCT, etc.).

Also have a look in the Open Baseband project
http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/
Which b nature also must deal with SIM cards.

Wolfgang