Battery Charging

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Fri Apr 13 10:00:18 CEST 2007

Harald Welte wrote:

> issuing configuration requests.  Even in that case, it was my
> understanding, that they always provide 5V/100mA on each of their
> downstream ports.

That does not seem to be the case for this hub.  The way I found this
out was that I had another one of the hubs on a different machine and
when I plugged it up I noticed that all the lights on the ports lit up
but with it unplugged they were dark.

I'll check what happens when I plug a functional unit in when the hub is
  unplugged and see what state the ports are in.

>> I see that wen the kernel booted it printed a method about enabling fast
>> charge so hopefully tomorrow I will have fully charged units.
>
> yes :)

Yeah. Its all good now.  We have charged batteries.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child