Problem with neo1973 : kernel panic

Nils Faerber nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de
Fri Dec 21 19:53:23 CET 2007

Marcelo CHAPARRO schrieb:
> hello,
Hi!

> I just recieved my mobile neo1973 openmoko. But since the first start,
> when the kernel is launching a error message appears on the screen :
> Kernel panik, no sincing : Not init found. Try passing init=option to
> kernel.
> How can I solve this problem ?
> Do I have to send the mobile back ? Or have you any solution to
> reinstall a new kernel ?
> Thank you very much for your help !!!
> marcelochaparrox at gmail.com <mailto:marcelochaparrox at gmail.com>

Hmm... sounds like the root filesystem got corrupted.
You could try to reflash a valid filesystem.
First look at
	http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Dfu-util
for instructions for reflashing.
Then dowload the appropriate file from

http://buildhost.openmoko.org/OM2007.2/tmp/deploy/glibc/images/neo1973/

I think this is the location of the latest public ready made build.
Download the file
	openmoko-image-fic-gta01.jffs2

and flash this using dfu-util as the root filesystem.
This should hopefully do the trick, good luck!

> Marcelo
Cheers
  nils faerber

--
kernel concepts GbR      Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48  Fax: +49-271-771091-19