SDIO capability for Neo1973 and new version

Leon lee astroli.leon at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 15:46:46 CET 2007

>On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 04:24:07PM +0200, Delahaye, Philippe wrote:
>
>> Please, could someone let me know if Neo1973 hardware has been
>> anticipated and designed to support SDIO connection through micro SD
>> connector?
>
>GTA01 can support SDIO on the microSD connector (although the current
>kernel image does not yet contain the linux SDIO stack.  Work on this is
>happening in the mainline kernel, and we will leverage this as soon as
>it appears in mainline 2.6.x)

SDIO has 9 pin, but microSD has only 8 pin.
Not sure how it can work for SDIO.

Before my Neo1973 arrived, I thought that it had one SDIO slot
so that I could bring WiFi functionality with other SDIO WiFi card.

I know SDIO stack and I already ported the Linux driver of one SDIO Wifi card.
Sorry I can tell the chipset vendor.

So if someone could show me the SDIO layout, I may ask my friend to make SDIO
connector for me.
Then I will try to make SDIO work on Neo 1974.

It's fine for me to remove internal Atheros WiFi module.

--
Thanks,

Best Regards,
Leon