Hardware Schematics

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Wed Jul 25 20:51:43 CEST 2007

Paul Adams wrote:
> Call me stupid, but I can't find the complete hard ware schematics for
> the neo1973.  Where are they?  I'm not just looking for chip data
> sheets.  I am looking for the entire schematics of the phone.

Alas, the powers that be are still reluctant to let us release
them. In fact, some of the material there is under NDA, so we
won't be able release that in any case. (For example, GSM
chipset details.)

The plan is currently to get permission to release the schematics
for the debug board (which, after all, is specifically designed
to be extended by hardware-savvy users), and then work on doing
the same with a simplified version of the Neo1973 schematics.

"Simplified" could mean to just have a big while box for the GSM
chipset, showing only the signal and power inputs and outputs,
but not what's going on inside. Not that this would be overly
exciting ...

The details still have to be worked out, but we keep on nagging.

- Werner