Debug board - giving up

Nils Faerber nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de
Tue Mar 27 18:41:46 CEST 2007

Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu) schrieb:
> Dear Nils:
Hello!

> Original OpenOCD could works with original FTDI VID and PID, I remember
> OpenOCD could change the PID/VID information in the configure file. But you
> still need check FTDI lib version.

OK, good.
I think FTDI lib is not needed for the OpenOCD version from the images
directory
	http://buildhost.openmoko.org/tmp/deploy/images/
since it is statically linked (hopefully against the correct lib).

> And , what's your debug board number? And what tool you used for refresh
> EEPROM?

I used the tool referenced on the debug board wiki page
	http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Debug_Board#JTAG_using_FT2232

including the mentioned patch (and this one indeed uses the new ftdi-lib
which I have installed).

Can I check somehow if at least the JTAG signals are "ticking"
correctly? I have a normal analog scope at hand...
And what do the four LEDs signal? Should LED5 or LED7 show activity
while trying to flash?

At the moment I am unsure about everything, I am even unsure if the
cable connection from board to NEO does work.

> Best Regards,
> Tony tu
Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535