SOS - uboot drowned ;)

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Wed Mar 28 12:04:00 CEST 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 11:48:50AM +0200, Nils Faerber wrote:

> :(
> Really my fault, sorry. I did not see the file in the list and thus did
> not recognise the missing "b".
> What a difference a letter can make...

yes, we were thinking of adding some image header to the uboot file,
which can then be checked within the currently-running u-boot to make
sure the revision is correct.  However, that has not yet been
implemented, since it's an optional improvement, and we have many areas
that have a higher priority.

> > GTA01v3 has completely different PMU voltage configuration, memory size,
> > etc.  There's about six months in hardware development time between
> > them.
>
> Uh!
> Hopefully I cannot toast the NEO then!?

theoretically you probably could, but I haven't seen that happen so far,
despite all kinds of misconfigurations.  after all, 3.3V is about the
highest you can get out of that PMU ;)

> The tools themselves are very cool and impressive! I have seen much
> worse already. Though stability seems to be an issue. The other JTAG
> tools we used so far were more reliable. I am pretty sure that it is not
> a software fault - maybe some resistors/capacities could be added to
> make the signals more stable?

I'm actually convinced that it is a openocd, or rather even: libftdi bug
:)