CME Error 15 with certain SIM Card

soeren at heisrath.org soeren at heisrath.org
Wed Sep 26 04:32:50 CEST 2007

Hello list,

I keep getting CME Error #15 ("SIM wrong" according to ETSI spec) when
trying to register to the network with a certain simcard.

I've got two simcards from the same provider (O2 germany). The
difference between the two is that one of them has UMTS capabilities and
the other does not. The one without UMTS is working fine, but the other
reports cme error #15.

"AT+CREG?" gives response "RSTR=`+CREG: 2,3'", meaning network
registration has been denied.

"AT+COPS=?" returns "+CME ERROR: 15" as well.

Issuing "AT+CPIN" again, returns "+CME ERROR: 3".

The full log can be found here: http://pastebin.com/f67ce2c25

Tell me if you need any more information.

Best regards

  Soeren Heisrath