Necessary PM Hardware Mods?

Joachim Steiger roh at openmoko.org
Thu Jan 10 16:43:28 CET 2008

Nils Faerber wrote:
> Hi!
> I read on some lists that there are rumors about two hardware
> modifications that shall improve standby power consumption:
> 1. Removing some transistor
> 2. Removing/adding some resistor
>
> Concerning the transistor I found the Wiki page
> 	http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/One_transistor_too_many
> It seems that my device does not suffer from this problem since it does
> not automatically wake up after going to suspend. So I assume this fix
> is not needed then?

ack. if you got a green pcb gta01bv4, aka 'a device sold for money' you
should not have q1001 at all.

> Concerning the resistor I was not able to find something in the Wiki. Or
> is it my bad memory that transformed "transistor" to "resistor" ?

this is an interesting question. i know nothing of such a resistor hack
and would not know what it should do, so if you can acknowledge that its
solid i can research that in the schematics.
but currently i believe thats based on misunderstanding/gossip and what
is meant is the transistor above.

--

Joachim Steiger
developer relations/support