GPS on OpenMoko

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Fri Jan 18 22:10:37 CET 2008

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 09:45:42AM +1300, peter wrote:
> The page I read was :
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Hardware:AGPS
>
> What concerns me is whether the binary issue will mean OpenMoko won't
> come with gpsd by default; aka it the binary only driver coming as part
> of the standard image? If not it's not going to be a consumer feature,
> which is what I meant about GPS not being delivered; I know it can be
> made to work, but without default support it will obviously be of
> limited value.

To the best of my knowledge, the GTA01 is only shipped to developers,
i.e. it will never be (and never was) a consumer device.  The consumer
device is based on the GTA02 hardware.  Since GTA02 doens't have any
binary-only driver issues,  I don't see a valid point here.

roh/michael: can you please make sure the wiki doesn't raise the
impression that the gta02 device will require a binary-only driver.