NEO 1973 usb change needed

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 23:17:03 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Felipe Balbi <me at felipebalbi.com> wrote:
>  I'm trying to start helping openmoko project and I noticed a "bug" in
>  usb hardware:
>
>  In order to get otg certification neo's usb receptacle should be changed
>  to a micro-AB receptacle instead of a mini-B receptacle.

I think you are right that it should not be a "slave only" jack,
considering that the device can also be a master.

With some difficulty I managed to find a mini-AB to mini-B cable for
my Zaurus (and now they decided it's obsolete, great!), but I don't
think I've yet seen a micro-AB device or cable.  So hopefully the
phone would ship with the useful cables (one to go to a PC and one
with a mini-B plug to go to peripherals).