openmoko-panel-profiles

Walter Goossens waltergoossens at home.nl
Sun Aug 5 18:37:50 CEST 2007

Walter Goossens wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Is anyone working on the openmoko-panel-profiles widget?
> If not I'd like to make it together with a very simple daemon to do
> the actual switching of alsa-profiles. This daemon can be used by
> other programs too as a kind of "master-profile-switch-thingy".
> Maybe I could add some functionality to listen to GPIO14 to
> automatically switch headphone profile when attached but the initial
> program would simply switch profiles when being "asked" through the
> panel widget.
>
> I have a quite few years of experience in programming under Linux
> although the last year this was mainly kernel and low level embedded
> stuff. I figured this would be a nice way to get to know the project
> better.
>
> I hope I can help you guys out with this project!!
>
> Greetings
> Walter Goossens (tHe_IkkE)

Well to answer my own question...
I made a very simple version of openmoko-panel-profiles based on
openmoko-panel-bt. It has support for switching a few profiles commonly
found in /etc/alsa/.
I'm not a graphical artist so please don't shoot me for the artwork (I
know, it probably has to be redone...) anyway, here's the source and ipk
of my first (working) attempt.
 Let me know when it helps someone.

Greetings
Walter Goossens (tHe_IkkE)