libgsmd-tool not supporting some SMS encodings

Chris Lord chris at openedhand.com
Sat Dec 1 12:35:40 CET 2007

Hi,

openmoko-messages2 and the phone-kit SMS handler (which I'm responsible
for) should support decoding of ASCII (7-bit), UCS-2 (16-bit) and UTF-8
(8-bit) messages. Sending should support ASCII and UTF-8, I don't think
I got round to UCS-2 sending yet (but maybe I did and forgot, I don't
have the time to look right now).

The messages app isn't really near complete yet, but it can send and
receive SMS messages at least. I'll be working on getting it to a better
state in the coming week.

Regards,

--Chris