Bugzilla Bug 591 - dialing from contacts needs to be

Mohammed Musallam musallam001 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 16:36:11 CEST 2007

pauric wrote:
>My suggestion would be;
>Single tap: 'pop-up' semi translucent dialogue with options for Call,
>sms, email, edit, hangup etc

my suggestion to do a double tap was from iPhone reviews feedback which indicate that initiating a phone call from the phone book is an "annoying two step process". don't quite recall who was the reviewer but I believe it was on PCWorld.com

maybe as a fall back, the AUX button would be used to perform either the pop-up function or the direct call and the single tap would do the other.

as for the popup, notice the iPhone's interface takes you directly to the second page (similar to your popup) with single tap, and from there you have the option to edit the entries or make the call directly.. at least thats what i gathered from the demo, i don't own or seen an iphone and hopefully don't plan to :)

      Make free worldwide PC-to-PC calls. Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger at http://ca.messenger.yahoo.com/