Bugzilla Bug 591 - dialing from contacts needs to be

pauric pauric at pauric.net
Fri Jul 13 18:12:57 CEST 2007

Ramsesoriginal: Pie menus are good, they were designed for pen input but
they are circular and not very well suited to sff displays.  I'm not saying
its a bad idea, but there are some spacial limitations.  But it is a 2 step
solution with all the secondary options behind a tap - and I think that is
good.

Mohammed: "only problem is that regular joe won't see this intuitive if he
wants to edit the contact info (he won't discover it naturally only by
accident)."

If you do not present the user with any options other than tapping the name,
then they will discover it.  With -any- application there is a learning
curve. I like your suggestion of tap-hold to dial voice, the primary purpose
of the phone.

So, tap-hold to initiate a voice call, as well as bring the user to the
'secondary' page with the other options (editi, sms, email are greyed out
during a call)
single tap to go directly to the second page, Dial, edit, etc etc

Does that capture the agreed flow of the interaction.  The look & feel
(should it be a pie menu) can be discussed later?

-pauric