Bugzilla Bug 591 - dialing from contacts needs to be

Visti Andresen talpa at galnet.dk
Mon Jul 16 16:55:41 CEST 2007

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:07:05 -0400
pauric <pauric at pauric.net> wrote:

> Mickael "> Even if the default can be a well thought out solution, I don't why
> > you shall not give the user all the options he wants. If the option is
> > not a common one, just add it in the advanced tab."
>
> We dont ever really know what the user wants.  We havent done any user
> research. I fully appreciate that developers want full control of the
> system interaction methods.  I would strongly question whether an
> ordinary basic user would like to redefine the function calls behind
> single tap, hold, etc.

I'm a user (of firefox and gnome) :) and I hated it when they started to move
some of the configuration options I used to about:config and gconf.

One of the tings I hate about those "advanced configurations" are there
lack of structure, missing help regarding valid values and human
understandable  values.

See now we have done some "user research" ;o)