Bugzilla Bug 591 - dialing from contacts needs to be

Visti Andresen talpa at galnet.dk
Mon Jul 16 17:02:25 CEST 2007

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:56:57 -0400
pauric <pauric at pauric.net> wrote:

> Thats a very good point Emre.  One thing to note when looking at the
> iPhone is it is heavily dependent on syncing with itunes.  This pushes
> the user towards filling out their contacts list.  Note in the video
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfrHoAPQvZc that the dialing keypad is
> buried within the address book.
>
> When I played with the iPhone I dont think I saw an easy way to simply
> initiate a call with a keypad.
>
> Some things I've observed in mobile phone usage. (nokia & moto)
> 1)The address book is a pain in the ass

Unfortunately I would have to agree.

> 1.1) Therefore is easier to remember your friends number than it is to
> pull it from the address book
> 2)The 10 most recently dialed numbers is like an address book

Have both a most recent called list and a address book?

The most recent list could be a pull down in the dialling number field.
I believe that I have seen this behaviour in a calculator, here
you could select the most recent calculations...

The Address book could be sortable by most frequent used, last used and name.