Application UI Design Recommendations

Jeremiah Flerchinger jeremiah.flerchinger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 19:57:02 CEST 2007

The "pie chart" clicking functionality looks very useful as described
under "Touch Gestures."   I think I would prefer a global behavior of
scrolling up/down/left/right after a press to scroll up/down/left/right
and a press-hold would perform a right click and bring up a typical
menu/dialog of options, if not accompanied by significant
dragging/scrolling.

This would present a uniform method of scrolling across the applications
& the press hold for right click should translate well to any
application.  The phonebook could be quickly scrolled with a press &
drag, a second screen could be opened with a simple click to edit the
contact or call/email/etc, and a press-hold could open a message dialog
with the contacts name & the option to call or cancel.

A press-drag left/right is suggested to translate to a click
right/middle.  It's a good suggestion, but I think scrolling left/right
would be more useful to the average user and extend better as a general
case.