Openmoko Sound Management

Graeme Gregory Graeme.Gregory at wolfsonmicro.com
Thu Jul 19 12:25:48 CEST 2007

Sitting in gstreamer talk with mickey yesterday we had a small discussion about the audio management that is needed for Neo1973 and gstreamer.

I think I am right in saying there is a media player in development that is already using gstreamer.

At the moment gstreamer handles the APPLICATION-->CPU-->CODEC layers. I was wondering if it can be extened with control only (as there is no media stream) controls to cope with CODEC-->GSM CODEC-->BT interfaces as well. Hence having GSM call control and media player using the say system to route audio.

I am not fluent in gstreamer so this is just a random ramble.

Graeme

Privacy & Confidentiality Notice
This message and any attachments contain privileged and confidential information that is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient you must not: read; copy; distribute; discuss; take any action in or make any reliance upon the contents of this message; nor open or read any attachment. If you have received this message in error, please notify us as soon as possible on the following telephone number and destroy this message including any attachments. Thank you.
Wolfson Microelectronics plc
Tel: +44 (0)131 272 7000
Fax: +44 (0)131 272 7001
Web: www.wolfsonmicro.com

Registered in Scotland

Company number SC089839

Registered office:

Westfield House, 26 Westfield Road, Edinburgh, EH11 2QB, UK