dfu-util windows port status

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Sun Jun 10 02:36:21 CEST 2007

Hi!

Please keep openmoko-apps at lists.openmoko.org in the Cc list.  This is
where we discuss the development of openmoko programs (so far mostly UI
programs, but dfu-util is also fine here)

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 06:14:45PM +0800, JELAN at FIC.COM.TW wrote:

> Now we can let dfu download under cygwin but the interface 0 alternate 0 is only available.

well, some progress, after all.

> Because we cannot set interface , it will cause Windows crash and reboot.

this is really strange, and sounds like we've triggered a OS bug here.
Can you please indicate which particular windows version, including
updates / service pack /... you've been using?

> So we skip the set_interface by modified libusb driver.
> When dfu started to download, it sent the file to RAM (interface 0  alternate 0, like default).
> We also can see the sentance of "Download to RAM" on Neo's LCD.

ok, so DFU basically works, it is just the alternate interface setting
that somehow fails.

> I also examined the interface descriptor at DFU mode.
> Why the bNumEndpoints is Zeor? Is it correct?

yes, this is correct, and in fact demanded by the USB DFU spec..  With
such questions, it might help if you familiarize yourself with the USB
DFU specification (http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/usbdfu10.pdf)

> Because Libusb will use it to calculate something else....

which version of libusb are you using?   Can you please point out the
specific location where this calculation is made?

> And for former problem about claim interface, the reason is
> libusb-win32 doesn't accept configuration is Zeor.
> The configuration of USB device descriptor .

which configuration are you referring to?