Merge openmoko-keyboard changes

Daniel Willmann daniel at totalueberwachung.de
Wed Jun 13 21:34:50 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am trying to merge the changes made in openmoko-keyboard back to
matchbox-keyboard so we can avoid a maintenance hell along the road.
First I would like to give a short overview about the changes made and
why we need them.
Please tell me if/under which conditions it is possible to get them
merged upstream.

1) Functions to set/get a background image
2) Functions to set an image for the background of the keys (normal and
pushed)
3) We currently have some special buttons (see
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Input_Method#Appearance_.26_Interaction )
that switch the layout of the keyboard around. Of course having a
separate layout for caps is silly, but it is for example useful to
display a numpad. If you have a better way of doing this please let me
know.
4) The layout switching would be implemented like this:
<layout id="foo">
With corresponding keys that trigger the layout being:
<key>
  <default display="F" action="layout:foo"/>
</key>

Regards,
Daniel Willmann