Bugzilla Bug 591 - dialing from contacts needs to be possible without stylus

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Jun 15 15:46:06 CEST 2007

Thomas Wood wrote:
> making calls at all. We could add an icon or button next to each
> "telephone" entry in the details pane to launch the dialer.
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts about where or how to implement a
> "finger" version of this feature?

As a start, maybe make the whole number a button ?

One tap could highlight the number and bring up buttons
(large and somewhere where they don't conflict with
anything else), for choosing what to do with it, i.e.,
make a call or send an SMS.

This would also help if accuracy is an issue. E.g., if
one taps the wrong number, one could simply try again,
before the phone has done anything undesirable.

Not sure how all this fits with the current style, though.
Last time I tried, about the only think I could figure out
how to do in contacts was to exit ;-)

- Werner