TaskManager is one ugly piece of... UI

Brad Midgley bmidgley at gmail.com
Mon May 14 02:13:52 CEST 2007

Daniel

I would suggest we move this discussion to openmoko-apps.

ok. I also trimmed to avoid crossposting

Hmm, I think the menu would have to be huge for finger input. I was
> just thinking of a mode paradigm:
> Open the taskmanager and you are in "Go to" mode. Any click on an app
> goes to it.
> If you press the kill button you are in "Kill" mode and any subsequent
> click kills the application returning to "Go to" mode.

 this would be a huge improvement in usability. Some of the lingering
effects of not using a popup will still be apparent, like the switcher
acting like a task to the quick switcher (or whatever the lower right icon
is called) and the fact that it wouldn't drop out of sight on clicking on
the switcher icon again or somewhere else.

how do you get this switcher to appear using a finger? I only see it as the
result of hitting that tiny lower left corner with a stylus.

Brad