start writing applications - how?

Marc Verwerft marc.js.verwerft at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 08:34:25 CET 2007

All,

The developers works (IBM) site has a very good tutorial that appeared
Nov. 13. It's titled 'Software development for the OpenMoko Linux
phone'. You do have to register but it's worth it. It's the best I've
found up to now.
They explain the development envitonment and start with a simple
'Hello World' application using a recipe with bitbake.. Next step is a
minimal GTK+ application and finally a system information applet!

Have a look at http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/l-dw-linux-openmoko-i.html?ca=drs-

Regards,

Marc.