start writing applications - how?

vivek khurana mailing.vivek at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 19:37:57 CET 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 10:14 PM, Andreas Jellinghaus <aj at dungeon.inka.de> wrote:
> Shakthi Kannan wrote:
> > Python?
> > https://projects.openmoko.org/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=178
>
> thanks for the pointer! is this part of the openmoko devel image?
> I flashed todays image to my moko, and a pygtk hello world was
> working fine.
>
> so it would be nice to know:
>  - what extra is in python-openmoko for example? when do I need it?

 Well next release will have a python JIT compiler. I have limited
success in porting psyco to ARM4 platform but the code is far away
from being an alpha.
 Apart from this we are planning have more bindings to the openmoko as
and when required. (suggestions invited)

>  - is it shipped with current devel images?
>  - if not, is there a package somewhere I can download and install?

 We have released an ipk for pygsmd (python bindings for gsmd), please
check the project page for the same.

>  - is documentation available? where?
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Regards, Andreas
> p.s. the pymoko blog is not working any more :(

 Yup, The db was corrupted and the system admin mistakely deleted the
db. I am curently shifting the hosting service so the blog should be
back by first week of December.

regards
VK