Text Messaging Application Design

Ross Burton ross at openedhand.com
Fri Oct 19 10:18:28 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 10:11 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
> When we were considering how to handle SMS sending & receiving in the
> Wengophone, we decided that SMSes were more like IM than email. And so
> we wanted to present SMS discussions as IM chats rather than threaded
> emails, or individual documents.

This reminded me that I'm pretty certain my old-school Nokia 3330 had a
"Conversation" view for SMSes.  I never used it because I didn't have
any free text messages at the time.  I also have memories of Nokia
producing a prototype SMS-as-chat application for S60.

Ross
--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/