Text Messaging Application Design

Dave Neary dave.neary at wengo.com
Wed Oct 24 17:21:37 CEST 2007

Hi,

Joshua Layne wrote:
> I would like to "message" Patrick without thinking about whether to text
> him or IM him,  Would it be possible to check status on yahoo (for
> example) and if online, send over yahoo, if not, send over SMS?

This would be entirely possible - we would need to integrate a support
for sending & receiving SMSes using the SIM card of the phone, and
prioritisation of IM over SMS. It might pose a problem for a user who
thinks they're sending an IM, and ends up paying 6c for an SMS, so
clarifying the workflow to ensure that the user knows that they're about
to pay for something.

Cheers,
Dave.

--