Hardiness/Sports Use

Eric Preston developer at linuxmontreal.com
Fri Sep 28 02:55:37 CEST 2007

Baxter Kylie wrote:

> take repeated jarring up and down? Also, is it too heavy or too big
> for an armband strap?

Hmm. I think it really depends on your size. It seems pretty hardy to
me. One of mine has suffered a slight drop with no problem.

> Assuming the unit is up to these tasks I fully intend (with a gen2 in
> hand) to try to get an app up and running for logging this type of
> info ... anyone who thinks this is a good idea or has any additional
> thoughts, I'd love to hear them!

I'm an avid cyclist and I am also thinking about a similar app.
Something that integrates track data to a site like http://
www.motionbased.com (by Garmin though) would be very cool. It handles
the mapping and data analysis.

I think this is where my GTA01 is going to head once new hardware
revs come out. I don't want to strap my shiny  Neo on my handlebars
just yet, but as soon as I get my grubby hands on a new one, the
GTA01 on my bike can start bluetoothing GPS data to my desktop and
onto the web. :-)

-E

PS. I've CC'd this to openmoko-apps since that where it belongs I think.