OpenMoko application as Final Year Project

Chris Lord chris at openedhand.com
Fri Sep 28 12:16:18 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 10:42 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 17:56 +0100, Sebastian wrote:
> > Hi everybody!
> > I'm a student from Germany doing my last year in England, Staffordshire
> > University. To finish my studies I have to do a project, that has not
> > done before, and of course I have to do it on my own. So when I stumbled
> > across OpenMoko I thought it would be a great idea to write a
> > application for it.
> > It's a little bit different for me to work out an good idea so I'm
> > asking you if anyone has got an idea what kind of application would be a
> > must-have or a pretty nice one for a OpenMoko phone, but is not jet
> > implemented.
> > thx and have a nice day,
>
> You really need to find something that will interest yourself, not
> something that is suggested by anyone else. Take a look in the
> subversion repository to see what is already implemented.
>
> Regards,
>
> Thomas

On the other hand, if input methods interest you, openmoko could really
do with a fairly quick and novel input method (People tell me T9 is
patent-encumbered, which is why I use the word 'novel'). There's plenty
of research and things to write about for such a project and it could be
applied outside of openmoko too.

--Chris