recording phone calls (Re: Asterisk on Openmoko)

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Sun Apr 1 19:15:54 CEST 2007

Please consider stopping this probably very unproductive debate.

openmoko-dialer will provide out-of-the-box recording/playback
capabilities once it's finished, so you don't need any extra tool for
that.  The recordings will be stored in the communication history, much
like sms from/to the respective contact.

getting back to asterisk:

If somebody wants to run asterisk on their openmoko, he can do that.  It
does not matter if I or openmoko or anyone else think it is
[in]efficient, proper or "the right tool".

Free software (and free phones) are exactly about this:  Freedom.

So no matter what reservations I or anyone might have to the usefullness
of this:  Anyone can do whatever they want to do.

And if somebody wants to run openoffice on their phone.  Given enough
swap space, they might do that.  No matter what we think about it :)

And that is good!