MokoMakefile failure while building openmoko-rssreader

Krzysztof Kajkowski cayco at poczta.cayco.pl
Sat Aug 4 10:23:06 CEST 2007

Hi! I do not know if this is MokoMakefile issue or OM general. I tried
to build openmoko-devel-image and I got error:

| checking for xgettext...
/data/Download/moko/build/tmp/staging/i686-linux/bin/xgettext
| configure: WARNING: AM_PATH_CHECK() is deprecated
| configure: WARNING: use PKG_CHECK_MODULES([CHECK], [check >= 0.9.4]) instead
| checking for check - version >= 0.9.2... no
| *** Could not run check test program, checking why...
| *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for
| *** the exact error that occured.
| checking for arm-linux-pkg-config... no
| checking for pkg-config...
/data/Download/moko/build/tmp/staging/i686-linux/bin/pkg-config
| checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
| checking for OPENMOKO... yes
| checking for MRSS... yes
| checking for GTHREAD... yes
| checking for WEBKITGTK... Package WebKitGdk was not found in the
pkg-config search path.
| Perhaps you should add the directory containing `WebKitGdk.pc'
| to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
| No package 'WebKitGdk' found
| configure: error: Package requirements (WebKitGdk) were not met:
|

| Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
| installed software in a non-standard prefix.
|
| Alternatively, you may set the environment variables WEBKITGTK_CFLAGS
| and WEBKITGTK_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
| See the pkg-config man page for more details.
|
| FATAL: oe_runconf failed
NOTE: Task failed:
/data/Download/moko/build/tmp/work/armv4t-linux/openmoko-rssreader-0.0.1+svnnow-r1_2386/temp/log.do_configure.6274
NOTE: package openmoko-rssreader-0.0.1+svnnow-r1_2386: task do_configure: failed
ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
NOTE: package openmoko-rssreader-0.0.1+svnnow: failed
ERROR: Build of openmoko-devel-image failed

webkit was not build before so maybe this tries to compile in wrong
order? How to fix it?

best regards

cayco