128 MiB NAND flash in Qemu (OM-2007.2)

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 19:29:01 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 08/08/07, Robert Schuster <r.schuster at tarent.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I found out more about my problem.
>
> Robert Schuster schrieb:
> > Do I need to modify something else? Is something wrong with the changes
> > I made?
> I need to make the rootfs' flash partition bigger. Since another 64 MiB
> are available I thought it would be ok to add 0x4000000 to the current
> rootfs' partition size.
>
> All the needed changes are in the attached patch.
>
> I can put a 'normal' sized rootfs on this flash and boot the OS without
> problems. "df -h /" tells me that the rootfs is now ~120 MiB in size.
>
> Still flashing a big image with uboot's nand.write fails and I dont know
> what else might be wrong.

You will need to add more RAM too, so that the image can be loaded
into it (currently starting at (iirc) 0x31000000) without being
overwritten by u-boot stack and u-boot itself at (iirc) 0x33f80000
before it is read by u-boot and written to NAND. You would face
exactly the same problem on a real hardware with dfu-util (writing to
RAM).

Regards,
Andrzej (away until September(?))