MokoMakefile now builds OM-2007.2 (Was: Balancing simplicity with complexity)

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Tue Aug 21 06:52:44 CEST 2007

Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:
> The introduction of OM-2007.2 goes hand in hand with merging the
> OpenMoko OpenEmbedded overlay into the upstream repository
> org.openembedded.dev. We are now based directly on the upstream metadata
> found in OpenEmbedded and synchronized with the most recent developments.

The MokoMakefile (<http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/MokoMakefile>) has been
updated to build OM-2007.2 images.

If you're starting from scratch, just follow the instructions on that
wiki page.  Pay careful attention to the host software package
requirements for the OpenEmbedded build system.

If you're migrating from a previous version of the MokoMakefile, then
just type:

  make update-makefile ; make setup update openmoko-devel-image

and after a number of hours and lots of building you should have new
OM-2007.2 images built.  By changing the OPENMOKO_GENERATION variable at
the top of the Makefile you can alternately (but not concurrently) build
both OM-2007.1 and OM-2007.2 images.  The ability to build OM-2007.1
images will be removed after a couple of weeks (you will still be able
to get it from the MokoMakefile svn repository if you really need it).

There was a 24 hour period up to earlier today where there was a bug in
the MokoMakefile.  If you experience the following problem:

 Patch bitbake-1.6.6-om3.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)

then type "make clobber-patches" and rebuild to fix it.

-- Rod