USB Networking problem with latest version of QEMU in UBUNTU (2.6.20-16)

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 18:54:09 CET 2007

Hi,

On 08/12/2007, k <mkarthik293 at gmail.com> wrote:
>      I have downloaded the latest version of openmoko
> yesterday and bitbaked the devel image and qemu. Everything works fine
> but when I try to configure USB networking using qemu command "usb_add gadget:1"
> it fails (works properly with my old openmoko build) and i am get the following error in the qemu terminal.
>
>         s3c_mmci_write: Bad register 0x38
>         s3c_mmci_write: Bad register 0x38
>         gadget_read: event error: 51
>         s3c_udc_handle_packet: EP0 overrun
>         s3c_udc_handle_packet: EP0 overrun
>         gadget_read: event error: 51
>         s3c_udc_handle_packet: EP0 overrun
>         s3c_udc_handle_packet: EP0 overrun
>         gadget_read: event error: 51
>         s3c_udc_handle_packet: EP0 overrun
>         s3c_udc_handle_packet: EP0 overrun
>         gadget_read: event error: 4
>         s3c_udc_handle_packet: EP0 overrun
>         s3c_udc_handle_packet: EP0 overrun

I don't know any workaround for this at the moment, but I will look
into it. The issue has been reported as bug 1102. It is a recent(?)
qemu-neo1973 regression.

For the moment may I suggest networking through pppd as Tuukkah
describes in http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenMoko_under_QEMU#Simple_network_connection_with_pppd

Regards