GSM modem and general power cycling

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Sun Dec 16 01:27:20 CET 2007

Hi,

Reading through the wiki, I noticed the command summary of the
libgsmd-tool shell, which includes Power On and Power Off commands.

I'm curious how these commands are implemented.  Do they use Neo 1973
i/o commands to achieve this, or are these AT commands?

As the GSM modem is one of the few non-open bits of hardware in the system,
is it possible to cycle its power independently?

Where can I find more information on power-control of various parts of
the system as well?  Not just GSM.  I'm hoping most of the components
of the system can be power cycled via software.

Thanks!
- Chris