gllin and gpsd

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 19:56:54 CET 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 11:14 AM, Lon Lentz <lon.lentz at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Is there anyone on list that knows anything about gpsd and if it's possible
> to either interface gllin with it or create a wrapper for gllin to make it
> appear and function as gpsd?
>
>  I installed gpsdrive over the weekend and would like to spend the next
> several weeks mokofying the UI. But I am wondering if it will be possible to
> feed data into it from gllin (even if it requires an ugly hack for the time
> being).

gpsd is working great for me.  Just ipkg install it, modify the conf
file to read from /tmp/nmeaP, and /etc/init.d/gpsd start.  Look for my
post a couple days ago on the community list, with my modified startup
script which starts gllin first and then gpsd (and then gpspipe to
create a log file).  I have been using it to collect tracks for
OpenStreetMaps.  Now if only it had some battery life...