Recipe for setting up OpenEmbedded environment on wiki

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Tue Feb 13 05:08:54 CET 2007

On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 09:34 -0800, michael at michaelshiloh.com wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Feb 2007, Phil Schaffner wrote:

> How about Vmware? There should be a free download from Vmware's site, and they
> have a free Ubuntu virtual machine, all set up and ready to run. Takes some
> memory, and some download time. I use Vmware extensively and love it.

Just to close out this piece of the undying thread... Built a VMware
fresh install of Ubuntu 6.10 under FC6 and followed the Recipe pretty
much to the letter (after installing a bunch of development packages as
documented under the Ubuntu Help) that are prerequisites.  Worked as
documented.

> If you do take this path, let us know how it goes. I think it may be
> an interesting solution for others with platform issues.

Seems to be a viable option.  Still haven't given up on getting FC6
and/or CentOS4.4 to work more directly.  Got another attempt going now
based on Richi Plana's post yesterday referring back to one from January
28 - just before I joined - and that I failed to find in my
archive/google searches. My bad.

Phil