Integer pixel operations for gtk+?

Rob Taylor rob.taylor at codethink.co.uk
Tue Feb 13 20:05:42 CET 2007

Koen Kooi wrote:
> Rob Taylor schreef:

>>> Koen, TBH its pretty easy to figure out a performance test for this
>>> patch; Write a test
>
> Ehm, and how would *I* do that? I don't code, remember? If for some reason someone feels
> like being *productive*, here's a chance.

Ah, well, that would make things difficult. Lets just say now is never a
bad time to start.. It should be relatively simple, I'm sure you have
enough experience to manage it. Feel free to ping me on IRC if you're
having problems.

>>> that loads in a test image with GdkPixbufLoader, and
>>> then scales it to several different resolutions, repeating each scale
>>> some number of times (say, 100), and exits when finished. Then just time
>>> that test,
>
> The scale, not loading + scale, right?

Yep.

>>> running it a number of times and calculate the average (and
>>> std deviation, for extra bonus points). Run that against vanilla and
>>> patched (and maybe also a patched version with the Cairo fast
>>> double->fixed method). Of course, it'd also be useful for testing a
>>> version that just calls out to cairo.
>>>
>>> If you can get a test up and running, I'll happily run it on N800 as
>>> well for comparison.
>
> n800/softfloat + n800/hardfloat + n800/fixedpoint?

Well, whatever maemo is by default (EABI, softfloat?) against the fixed
point patch. I can try other things if you can hold my hand ;)

> regards,
>
> Koen

Thanks,
Rob