Empty cases.

Richi Plana myopenmoko at richip.dhs.org
Wed Feb 14 00:45:15 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 22:39 +0000, Ian Stirling wrote:
> Might empty neo shells be available?
> I'm interested in making hardware to fit on the neo.
> Either actual cases, or detailed mechanical drawings/CAD would be of use.

Damn good question. Hacking isn't all about software. Look at the iPod
industry. This might even jumpstart the CAD software environment on
Linux. I know I've wanted to write something for an architect friend of
mine.

My impression of the Neo1973, though, is that it wasn't designed for
hardware hacking. Unlike the iPod or PC hardware where everything is
modular, it doesn't seem like the Neo was made to be physically modded.
I just hope that thought will be given to that in succeeding phases.
--

Richi Plana