Recipe for setting up OpenEmbedded environment on wiki

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Wed Feb 14 12:35:19 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 09:40 +1030, Rod Whitby wrote:
> Phil Schaffner wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-02-11 at 10:46 -0700, Richi Plana wrote:
> >> This is what I meant by problem with mailing lists and why it would be
> >> nice to tie it up with wikis (*automated* as opposed to manually):
> >> useful information should be distilled and summarized so that we don't
> >> lose any useful information.
> >
> > Yes, getting the info into a wiki page started the thread, but afraid I
> > don't quite understand how the process can be automated.
>
> See www.nslu2-linux.org/Makefile for an example of how the
> nslu2-linux.org project automates usage of OpenEmbedded to build
> nslu2-linux custom firmware.
>
> "wget www.nslu2-linux.org/Makefile ; make <distro>" is all you need to
> do to build our firmware.  It could easily be made that simple for
> openmoko too.

Good suggestion, and I will look at it, but does not make it any clearer
how one would automate getting mailing list information content into a
Wiki - in fact it points out how hard is is to categorize the
content.  :-)

Phil