GPS time synch

Richi Plana myopenmoko at richip.dhs.org
Wed Feb 21 01:28:05 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 01:56 +0200, Selem wrote:
> On 2/20/07, Harald Welte <laforge at openmoko.org> wrote:
> > So by combining GPS time plus timezone from GSM, we might get it all
> > automagic.

> umm, i don't know how much accuracy you need, but can't we just use an
> ntp client over gprs?

It depends on what the "user" wants. NTP requires some information to
function (Time zone, NTP server addresses and network connectivity). If
the user wants the time of a specific place (regardless of where he/she
is), then NTP is good. If the user wants local time dependent on where
he is, then GSM+GPS might be better solution.

I'd like to know what the difference is between the two accuracy-wise,
though.
--

Richi Plana