Example local.conf

Scott Oberg scottoberg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 02:15:05 CET 2007

jsuggs at murmp.com wrote:
> I got my environment somewhat working (not that difficult, just
> tricky...I'll post details later).
>
> Anyway, I remember seeing some discussion about some of the different
> settings, but couldn't find it (tried google, no luck).  Could someone
> please post what they are using for the local.conf?
Based the only advice I know of:
http://www.linuxtogo.org/gowiki/OpenMoko/ToolChain

A copy of org.openembedded.dev/conf/local.conf.sample with:
MACHINE=ep93xx
DISTRO=generic

(or use MACHINE="native" to test and build for your localhost env)
I don't know why the wiki mentions to use the "Cirrus Logic EP-93xx
Development Platform" machine conf.  It's likely that this is just to
get people started building?

I noticed that Sean posted the following specs for the neo's build (the
generic distro just gets the latest packages 'available' I think...).  I
might venture to say that the sw dependencies & bugs are not all ironed
out and therefore the config is fluid...otherwise they could just commit
the machine and distro configs to OE.

If anyone has a better idea or more direction from the openmoko
development team, then please update the wiki or post a reply (when
possible).  Demanding support will get us no where and to presuppose the
project status is even more futile.  It is an encouraging sign of their
professionalism that Sean and others handle the baseless accusations (or
trolls) so well and continue to be responsive on the community list.

I might also comment that for the purpose of most user apps, you don't
really need to know the exact OE config for the neo device as long as
your app builds (via bitbake) for some other device (or your build host)
in OE.  Check out the .bb config's under
org.openembedded.dev/packages/*/*.bb for examples:)

Scott

Free Your Phone
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2007-January/001586.html
* Linux 2.6.17.14