PalmOS-like data storage

Milan Votava votava at mageo.cz
Sat Jan 27 20:47:04 CET 2007

At 20:23 27.1.2007, you wrote:
>Tomasz Zielinski wrote:
> > Most PDA applications needs save small set of data - user preferences,
> > high score list and so on. Does the OpenMoko support such operation
> > with it's API? If it doesn't, there is a risk developers will
> > implement dozens of different ways and every app will behave
> > differently.
>
>Yeah, it's very important.
>
> > There is of course some problems here, but I believe OpenMoko data
> > storage API is necessary. How do you think?
>
>I agree 100%. However this is one of the areas where we didn't want to
>go forward without gathering community input -- so I'm looking forward
>to chose either one of gconf, sqlitefs, etc. during the next weeks.
>
>What would you guys prefer?

It would be nice to have something like the ODM database from AIX OS
where all configuration records can be stored. These records can be
indexed by a current phone profile. When a profile switch occurs all
registered applications/daemons get notified together with the proper
configuration data...

Milan