Bitbake error: C compiler cannot create executables

Jonathon Suggs jsuggs at murmp.com
Sun Jan 28 07:45:37 CET 2007

I am getting the following error when I try to build packages (tried
several, same result).

I can give more details, but I've googled this quite a bit and can't
seem to track down the underlying problem.  FYI, I can compile programs
with gcc, so that isn't the issue.  I'm guessing the configure script
must be looking in the wrong place for my compiler.

Any thoughts/suggestions?  Thanks in advance!